Dining Etiquette Online:
Essential Skills & Classic Manners
Does sitting down to a formal meal fill you with dread?
- Do you know which bread plate is yours?
- Do you know which fork to use?
- Do you know where to seat your client?
Does any of this really matter?
Will knowing any of these things change your life? I doubt it.
Will not knowing these things make you look less polished and professional? Absolutely!
Dining Etiquette is as much about confidence as it is about which fork to use. For instance, what if…
- Your boss has just asked you to take a prospective customer out for lunch
- The CEO of your biggest client has invited you to attend a gala dinner
- Your manager takes you out for a meal to discuss a promotion
- It turns out your job interview is taking place in a four-star restaurant…
How confident are you feeling now?
Are you able to glide through a smooth, hiccup-free event?
Beyond knowing which bread plate is yours, or which fork to use, do you understand your role as host or guest? Do you order first, or last? What about alcohol? How do you pay the bill discretely?
- Do you realize that if you’re hosting guests at a meal they will be looking to you for social cues?
- Did you know that as a guest you should be looking to your host for cues?
- Are you aware being a good guest has a bit of a ‘job description’?
Being comfortable and confident when you sit down to a meal is crucial when you are dining with customers, whether you’re the guest or the host.
This all sounds so formal!
One of the unintended consequences of our less formal world is thinking that structure and ritual are old fashioned or obsolete. They are in fact enormously helpful, particularly around the table where structure allows everyone to know what to expect and encourages thoughtful, rather than stiff, behaviour: ensuring that guests are looked after, servers are treated with respect, and everyone feels comfortable and relaxed.
Why this workshop?
Know-how and confidence are especially important in business settings where social skills are required: attending events, hosting prospects, or dining out with clients.
These skills aren’t about ‘impressing’ everyone (although, that helps), they are about adding to your knowledge and confidence.
If you are confident with your skills then those around you will feel relaxed in your company. Understanding how to be a gracious host and a thoughtful guest puts all those around the table at ease. Not only does this boost your confidence but it provides added polish and leaves a lasting impression on everyone – in the right way!
We know, absolutely, that it pays dividends to put polish and good professional behaviour into the mix…
“Hilary was central in our building a conference and events business from low level to become a serious player in an already-crowded market. No mean feat. Her excellent organisational and people skills are an asset to any organisation she works for; I have never known anyone use simple politeness and good manners to such good commercial effect.”
~ Steve Gibbons, Head of Employment Law, IDS, London, England
Powerful, practical skills
This course has been designed to provide you with the tools, skills, and confidence, you need to sit down to any table, with anyone for any reason.
Whether you’re hosting clients at the finest four-star restaurant, with your boss at a black-tie dinner, or out with colleagues at your favourite burger joint – we have your (Dining Etiquette) back.
We will take you through all the finer points of Dining Etiquette – but not just the ‘how’, we also cover the why, so that you leave the course understanding the reasons behind the lessons.
This course is all about leaving you with practical skills and tools that you can put into practice immediately. At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand and navigate any table setting
- Use your cutlery like a pro
- Master the Silent Service Code
- Deal with difficult foods
- Host with confidence
- Be an outstanding guest
- Impress your clients, prospects and bosses with your comfortable, confident approach!
Whether you are the host or the guest, mingling with customers, senior managers or CEOs, you need to feel confident and comfortable with your abilities, and in your surroundings – it’s key to your success!
Can I really learn these things online?
Yes, you can absolutely learn all these skills online! (I would say that, wouldn’t I?)
Here’s why I say it:
- The course is laid out in the same way as our in-person training
- The concepts and advice included are easy to follow and simple to implement
- The videos provide step-by-step instructions; as long as you practice, you’ll master the techniques
Is it the same as training in person? No, but online training is an excellent option if you want to:
- Learn at your own pace
- Participate from any location
- Enjoy a cost saving
And, if you opt either our ‘Cocktail Hour’ or ‘Red Carpet V.I.P.’ packages you’ll get extra help from me during live video sessions.
Still have doubts?
We know that investing your time and money in training is an important decision. We also know that not all training is suited to all people. That’s why we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If you decide that that course isn’t for you then you just need to contact us within 30 days after your purchase and we will give you a full refund.
Still have questions?
We want you to have all the answers you need to make your decision. Click here to email us your questions! :